SPCHG is monitoring the developments of COVID–19 carefully, responding to the most up-to-date information regarding the spread of the virus. We are following recommendations from the State and Federal Government to ensure that we are doing everything we can to keep staff, tenants and clients healthy.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
Although SPCHG is doing all we can to help you through this period, the best protection comes from actions you take. To ensure you remain healthy and safe, we encourage everyone to follow Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) (Formerly DHHS) guidelines to help prevent the spread.
- Washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap. If this is not available, use hand sanitiser.
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue, or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touch surfaces in your home, such as door knobs, phones, table top, bench tops, etc.
- Carry a face mask when you leave home unless you have an exemption.
- Wear a face mask when required, unless you have an exemption. This includes public transport, hospitals and airports.
- It is strongly recommend that you wear a mask if you cannot maintain 1.5 metres.
- Look to maintain social distance when possible.
If you need advice on anything feel free to contact the staff at SPCHG (9696 1128). If you are unsure about COVID-19 related queries, call the hotline (1800 675 398) or visit their website (https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus).
COVID-19 free vaccination is now available. Please check with your local doctor or the following link for your eligibility to be vaccinated. https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/
Our closest High Volume Vaccination Centres are:
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf (enter via doors 4-5 from Orrs Walk off Clarendon Street). Open 8.15-4.00pm daily. Call 1800675398 to make an appointment. Walk ins accepted between 9-4pm.
Prahran Town Hall
180 Greville St, Prahran. Open Monday to Friday 9.00-4.30pm Monday to Friday. Ph 9525 1300 to book an appointment.
Port Melbourne Vaccination Clinic
Port Melbourne Football Club (PMFC), Sandridge Centre-North Port Oval, 541 Williamstown Road. Open 9.00-5.45 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Ph 8686 0500 or book online https://portmelbournemedical.com.au/covid-19-vaccination
Some key measures we have implemented have meant that the way in which we run services and property management are delivered differently:
- For the time being, we are meeting with all visitors at the door due to space restrictions in the front office.
- Our staff are working on a roster remotely and in the office.
- We are putting out a monthly tenant newsletter to stay in touch with and to get out vital government and community updates.
- Social meals have recommenced with an assortment of take away meals/fruit and vegetables available also.
Our aims are to help keep everyone well and supported and to do our bit to help stop the spread of the virus. If you have ideas or resources to help us support tenants in these challenging times, please get in touch on (03) 9696 1128 or email@example.com.
INFORMATION FOR TENANTS & CLIENTS
Repairs and maintenance
We are still conducting repairs and maintenance within our properties. We are working closely with our contractors to ensure that they take the necessary precautions to protect our tenants and themselves through this period. We have developed a series of procedures to support this. Call 9696 1128.
We ask you to follow some simple steps to minimise maintenance issues:
- Keep your fob / key with you at all times
- Maintain airflow in apartment
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet
- Take care not to overload power points (no connecting power boards together to create more sockets).
- Don’t tip oils or fats down the sink, these can cause blockages.
- Don’t leave appliances and lights on when not in use or needed.
What to do if there is a change in your financial circumstances?
We know that times are difficult for everyone currently. We are committed to working with our clients and tenants to help get us all through this difficult period. It is still imperative that tenants pay their rent to allow our organisation to continue to provide affordable housing. Community housing is funded solely by rent collected.
Please speak to our staff in the first instance, if you are experiencing financial difficulty.
What we ask of you
- Please follow the notices and instructions in the information provided to you regarding protecting yourselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
- If you are in isolation, or feeling unwell, suspect you have COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has, let the staff at SPCHG know ASAP and we will help you through this period.