We welcome your feedback


Giving us Feedback

We actively encourage clients and tenants to provide us with feedback so that we can improve the services we provide.
We welcome your concerns, comments, suggestions, and ideas.

  • You can provide feedback verbally by calling or visiting the SPCHG office.
  • You can also email us at admin@spchg.org.au

Making a Complaint

If you are unhappy with the services we have provided you may wish to make a formal complaint. This means your complaint will be registered and investigated and you will be notified of any action that SPCHG decides to take in response. We ask that you please download and fill in this form, to enable us to record all relevant details to investigate.

The following are some examples of situations that might lead you to make a formal complaint.

  • You are unhappy with the services you have received.
  • You feel that you have been treated unfairly.
  • You feel that you have been discriminated against for any reason, such as your race, religion, gender or sexuality.
  • You feel that we have made a decision that is incorrect or not in line with our stated policy.
  • You can make a complaint verbally by calling or visiting the SPCHG office.
  • You can also email us at admin@spchg.org.au.


We will treat all information as private and will not share information without your written permission unless this is required by law.
We will ensure that your complaint has no negative impact on your access to our services or your involvement with us.
We will encourage you to have a support person present at any stage of the process.
We will act to protect you, or any other person involved in the complaints process, from threats or other forms of intimidation.


  • We will contact you within 10 days to request further information and/or inform you of progress.
  • We will investigate your concerns and work with you to find a solution that you are happy with.
  • We may invite you to a meeting. In this case you are welcome to bring a support person.
  • We will try to resolve your complaint within 30 days.
  • If, at the end of the process, you are still not happy with our proposed solution we will encourage you to take your complaint to an independent, external agency.


If you are not happy with the solution proposed by SPCHG you can have your complaint investigated by an independent agency. The contact details for these agencies are listed below.

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT):
55 King Street, Melbourne 3000
1300 018 228
If your complaint is about a tenancy issue then you can apply for a hearing at VCAT. Forms to apply for a hearing are available at our office or from VCAT directly.

The Tenants Union of Victoria (TUV)
03 9416 2577
The Tenants Union can provide advice about tenancy issues and can help you with a VCAT Hearing.

Victorian Housing Registrar
03 9651 1402
If your complaint is about any other issue you can request an investigation by the Housing Registrar. This is the agency that regulates the activities of community housing organisations in Victoria.

You can also contact the following organisations for advice and assistance.

Homelessness Advocacy Service
1800 066 256

Consumer Affairs
1300 558 181

The Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
1300 292 153

Feedback Form

This form has been designed to provide you with the opportunity to give informal feedback to SPCHG on any issue. This feedback can be about anything you are happy with or anything you are unhappy with. If you want to make a formal complaint then you can use the Complaints Form.

    Complaint Form

      We are open to new ideas for working with the broader community to enhance our work.